QuickBooks provides its Users a more simplified and efficient way of handling the Accounts. One can streamline all the Account related tasks and also automate most of them to increase the efficiency of the organization. But sometimes Users have to face some errors like the QuickBooks Error 9999.
QuickBooks Error 9999 is a Banking error and it can hamper your Work and your QuickBooks. Also, you won’t be able to do the required Banking Operations. In this article, we will be discussing this error and also how to get rid of it.
What Causes The QuickBooks Error 9999?
- An incomplete installation of the software can trigger this error.
- This error can also pop-up if there is corruption in the registry files.
- Virus attack on your data files or framework.
- Corruption in program records.
- The download file got corrupted.
Now, that we understand the possible reasons which can cause this error, let us now guide you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 9999.
We highly recommend that you call the QuickBooks Support Team as soon as you face the QuickBooks Error 9999. But if you wish to resolve the error on your own, follow the given steps.
Step 1) Report the Issue
- Click on the “Report Issue” button on the error message.
- Provide your Name and Email address and hit the submit button.
- The QuickBooks Tech Support Team will contact you within 10 days. Or you can dial the toll-free number 1888-396-0208 to reach the Tech Support Team.
Step 2) Remove the QBO Account
- Go into your Bank account and remove the QBO account from there.
- Click on the edit option for the account which is not getting updated. It will be highlighted.
- Select the Edit account info option.
- Select “disconnect this account” and save the changes.
- Go into the dashboard and look for the link which was disconnected in the last step.
- Now, we want to add the account again.
- Go again in the actual bank account and click on “Add Account” to create the link again.
- Validate your Account by entering the account credentials.
- Once the account gets validated, all the transactions will be updated in the QBO account.
Step 3) Repairing The Registry Files
Intuit does not recommend repairing the registry files manually unless you are an Expert. As even one wrong comma can cause permanent damage to the computer. If you are not sure, please contact the QuickBooks Tech Support Team. If you want to repair the registry files manually, create a backup of the files by copying them in a different location.
- Press the Windows key to open the startup menu and type Command Prompt in the search bar.
- Hit “enter” while pressing the “shift” and “ctrl” key.
- Click on the “yes” button on the prompt on your screen.
- A prompt will pop-up on your screen.
- Type “regedit” in the box and hit enter.
- Now, select all the keys which are connected to QuickBooks Error 9999 and take a backup of the files.
- Go into the File menu and click on Export.
- Choose the desired location where you want to save the files.
- Remember to click on the “selected branch” in the “Export range” box.
- Change the extension to “.regedit” before saving.
However, if the error is still not resolved, it might be possible that you are facing a severe problem with your QuickBooks. We highly recommend that you contact the QuickBooks Technical Department immediately to protect your QuickBooks from further damage. You can dial the toll-free number 1888-396-0208 to get in touch with QuickBooks Technical Department.