QuickBooks is an exceptional and easy to use accounting software but there are certain situations when you come across some technical errors like QuickBooks Error -6189, -819. It is basically a run-time error which you come across when you are trying to run QuickBooks in your system.
QuickBooks Error Code (-6189, -816):
QuickBooks Error Code -6189, -816 is a technical error which can be further classified as a run-time error. When you come across this error, it means you are unable to access or open your company file. You can often relate this error to other QuickBooks Error (-6189), Error (-6189, -82), Error (-6189, -1005) and Error (-6189, -85), as they also occur when you are trying to open company file or create a new company file in your QuickBooks accounting solutions. You will receive following error message:
“Error -6189, -819: when opening a company file.”
Error: An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816)
If these technical errors are not resolved soon then they can cause heavy damage to your organization. Here are some easy solutions which are recommended by Intuit experts to resolve them. But prior to that you should keep few points in that you should restart your computer and server. Then try to re-open your QuickBooks accounting solution. You should also try to install all the latest updates as it generally rectify all the issue. If you are still facing those error then try to follow solutions mentioned below to resolve it.
Solution I: Reboot Your System and Server
- If you are working on QuickBooks solution.
- Close the software.
- Then to to start menu and click on restart option.
- If your data is on server then restart your server.
Solution II: Install QuickBooks Database Manager on your Server
- You should either install QuickBooks or QuickBooks Database Manager.
- It should basically be installed on your server where your company file is stored.
- If you are installing Database Manager, then remember that it does not require any extra license.
- If you are unable to locate QuickBooks database user then install Database Manager, you can also look for it online.
- After you have downloaded and installed it in your system then restart your server.
Solution III: Data File may be stored on a network Drive
- Open your QuickBooks software.
- Check whether you have not stored your file on any removal drive or on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) Device.
- As these devices generally don’t have complete system functionality and cannot be run through QuickBooks Database Manager, so they might end up damaging the data.
QuickBooks Customer Support – Call +1888-396-0208
Here are solutions which are recommended by QuickBooks Professionals. If you are not satisfied with the outcome and still need some technical support assistance. Then you should contact QuickBooks Customer Support. We are third party QuickBooks consultancy who provides QB support to thousands of users globally. If you have any query regarding the software or you need any expert advice on how to resolve some technical issue then you can always get in touch with us. We are available round the clock to provide their expertise in such QuickBooks related issues. We have an elite team QuickBooks professionals who have years of experience in handling such technical issues.