Are you trying to work on your Company files but you are running into QuickBooks ‘H’ Series error codes H101, H202, H303, or H505? Are you looking for reasons behind the problem and want to fix the issue manually?
Well, QuickBooks company error H101, H202, H303, or H505 is one of the most common QuickBooks errors which crop up when you try to access company files located on another computer. In this article, we will show you some simple DIY resolution steps to help you manually fix the issue. In case you are not able to fix the issue manually or need help while following any of the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps, call us for expert support. Dial our toll free QuickBooks customer support number 1888-396-0208 and our expert technicians will help you resolve the issue in no time.
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
As mentioned above, the error message usually occurs when you are trying to access a company file located on another computer but that computer is either unable to communicate with the server or needs extra installation and set up. Some reasons behind this issue are:
- Incorrect file hosting configuration settings
- Firewall or security settings blocking access to company files
- Damaged or incorrect .ND files configuration
- QuickBooks Database Server unable to find the IP address of the host computer
- Incorrect DNS settings
Resolution to the problem
Solution 1: Install and use QuickBooks File Doctor
In case you are receiving the error message on every computer, you need to download and run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server. This tool will automatically fix all H-series errors.
In case you still get the error message, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify hosting and services
To verify hosting,
- Open QuickBooks on each hosting computer.
- Go to File and click on Utilities.
- Click on Host Multi-User Access.
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, select it.
- When “QuickBooks must close the company file and re-open’ message appears, click Yes.
To verify the services,
- Click on Windows Start button.
- Press Windows key + R.
- In the Run box, type MSC and press Enter.
- In the Service window, go to QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Double-click on QuickBooksDBXX service and confirm that the Startup Type is set to Automatic and service status is Running.
- Now click on the Recovery tab.
- Click the drop-down menu for First failure and select Restart the Service. This will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service. Repeat the process for Second failure and all other subsequent failures.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Repeat the steps for the QBCFMonitorService as well.
- Now open QuickBooks in multi-user mode and verify the issue has been resolved.
Still need help?
Get in touch with us. Call us toll free on our QuickBooks support number 1888-396-0208 and we’ll help you fix the issue in no time. Our QuickBooks experts are certified professionals who have helped thousands of users get rid of their QuickBooks related issues and error messages. They can help you install, customize, update, upgrade and fix all your QuickBooks issues at the comfort of your home or office for complete peace of mind.