QuickBooks is a renowned accounting software used by businesses of all sizes. It empowers its users with various automated functionalities that streamline their day-to-day business accounting tasks.
However, occasionally, QuickBooks users run into Catch-22. This occurs when even after clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon, the program does not start and displays an error message “QuickBooks won’t open your company file” or “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file”.
In this article, we’ll show you some simple ways to manually troubleshoot the issue. However, if you still need help, feel free to get in touch with our expert technicians by dialing our QuickBooks customer support number 1888-396-0208. Our experts will help you quickly resolve the issue for seamless business productivity.
Reasons Behind “QuickBooks won’t open your company file” Error
A number of issues can prevent QuickBooks from opening. These include:
- Corrupted or damaged Company files
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file
- File already opened on the shared network
- Corrupt hard drive
- Using an incorrect QuickBooks version to open files
- Issues with user access/permission
- Problems with filename and extension
- Corruption of the data within the file
Resolution to the problem
Here are some of the ways to manually resolve the problem:
Solution 1: Close the QBW32.exe process
- Select Start Task Manager by right clicking on Windows task bar.
- Click on the Processestab and search for EXE.
- Select QBW32.EXEand click on End Process.
- Verify the issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Run the QBInstall Tool
- Download QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- Run the .exe file and save it on the local Desktop.
- Close all programs and run the QBInstall Tool.
- Once the repair process is finished, restart you computer and verify the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Clean Install your QuickBooks software
If everything else fails, uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks software can help. For this,
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Type in Control Panel and click OK.
- Click on Programs and Features and select QuickBooks from the list of programs
- Click Uninstall/Change and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
- Rename the installation folders by going to the folder location:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Reinstall your QuickBooks software using the installation CD.
Still need help?
If the issue still persists, give us a call. Dial our QuickBooks tech support number and get in touch with our expert technicians. Available 24X7, they can help resolve the issue in no time.
Why choose us?
We are one of the leading remote tech support providers for QuickBooks and associated software. We are backed by a team of expert and certified technicians who have years of experience in resolving all QuickBooks related issues. Having resolved thousands of QuickBooks issues to perfection, they are adept in providing quality support to help you install, update, upgrade and troubleshoot your QuickBooks Accounting software for best performance. Our experts assure guaranteed resolution of all QuickBooks related issues in the minimum wait time possible.
Call us now to enjoy hassle-free remote tech support and get all your issues resolved in a jiffy.