QuickBooks is the most widely used Financial and Accounting aid software used by a wide spectrum of Business sizes. Be it a one-person startup or 1000 Employees Organization, everyone uses QuickBooks to make their accounting process more efficient and reliable. Being software that offers myriad features for its users to use, sometimes the users face some errors or issues like the QuickBooks Error 61.
You don’t have to relentlessly search for a solution for any error or issue with your QuickBooks. Our website provides in-depth information and solution for every QuickBooks Error that might seep in into your QuickBooks. If you don’t have the time to go through all the intricacies of the errors and solutions, you could just call our QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number and talk to one of our Technical Experts who would be more than glad to help you out.
Reasons for Which You Might be Facing QuickBooks Error 61
- This might be a result of a Malware assault or Virus attack on your QuickBooks. If this is the case, you need to contact our Technical Team as soon as possible.
- If you faced a Power failure which resulted in damage to your QuickBooks Framework.
- The Company File that you were working on has fallen prey to corruption.
- If you try to open a QuickBooks Company File that was not saved on the local hard drive.
- Un-installation of an application that left invalid sections in your Windows registry.
- If your QuickBooks Framework faced a glitch.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 61?
Solution 1) Rebuilding QuickBooks Data
- Click on the File menu and navigate to Rebuild Data in Utilities.
- You will get a prompt on your screen asking you if you want to take a backup of your Data. Click on “OK”.
- Wait for the entire process to get finished.
- You will get another prompt saying that Rebuild of data has completed. Click on OK again.
Solution 2) Resorting the chart of the accounts list
- Go into QuickBooks Menu BaràListsàChart of Accounts.
- Look at the bottom of your screen and you will be able to see an “Include Inactive”. Click on the checkmark.
- Then Re-sort the list by going in View.
- Click on all positive prompts that appear on your screen.
- Restart your QuickBooks and try to access your Company File now. If you are not able to access the Company File move on to the next solution.
Solution 3) Update your QuickBooks to the latest version.
- Open your QuickBooks.
- Press F2 on your keyboard or Ctrl+1.
- Click on “Product Information”.
- Look for the latest version and release.
- If an update is available then update your QuickBooks.
How to Set Your QuickBooks to Update Automatically in Future?
You do not have to check every day if a new version or update is available. Follow the below steps to set your QuickBooks to automatically update itself if a new update is launched.
- Go into Update QuickBooks Help Options.
- Now select “Yes” for allowing automatic updates.
- Also, select “Yes” for sharing the automatic downloads with computers on the user’s network as well.
This should solve your problem. If the problem is still present, don’t worry our experts have years of experience with dealing such problems on a regular basis. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number at 1888-396-0208 and one of our experts will be on call to help you.