As a property management company, you have to manage bigger tasks at hand than just invoicing your tenants and getting paid. You need to receive and track rents paid by multiple tenants, pay property owners, calculate fees and charges for property maintenance, analyze expenses and annual taxes, compute profits, prepare yourself for real estate audits, and track your monetary success.
To be able to successfully run your business venture and maintain a good record of your financials, you need a good business accounting software, and that’s where QuickBooks Property Management software comes to your aid.
QuickBooks Helps Automate Your Rental Property Business
QuickBooks is always the most preferred accounting software for all business professionals. It allows you easily set up your properties as customers, tenants as sub-customers, and classes as track transaction types to help you seamlessly manage all your rental transactions. With QuickBooks Rental Property management software, you can:
- Create unlimited invoices and customize templates as per your needs
- Accept payments through multiple payment options, including credit card, bank transfer, PayPal, and more.
- Get paid around faster
- Easily create bills and track your overhead expenses
How To Set Up a Property Management Company In QuickBooks
Want to get started? Follow the below-mentioned steps to easily set up your property owners as customers and track your overall business activities, income and expenses for the properties or units you own:
- Open QuickBooks and from the Customers menu, click on Customer Center.
- Click on New Customer & Job drop-down and select New Customer.
- Enter your customer’s name, address and contact information and click OK.
- Now go to New Customer and select New Job to enter information about each tenant for every property.
- Enter their contact names, phone numbers, property address and more.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now go to Customer menu and select Receive Payments to enter your rent receipts.
- Click on Accounts drop down menu and click on Cash receipt account.
- Select the appropriate tenant and enter the amount of rent paid.
- Click OK to save the receipt.
That’s easy, isn’t it? However, if you need help while setting up or managing your rental property in QuickBooks, give us a call. Dial our QuickBooks customer care number +1-888-396-0208 to get in touch with our expert technicians. With years of experience and extensive knowledge of QuickBooks software, they can help you professionally and seamlessly manage your rental properties in QuickBooks to help you get started. Our QuickBooks experts can also help you troubleshoot issues and resolve error messages, if any. Available 24X7, 365 days a year, our certified experts are committed to provide you expert professional support anywhere and at any time of the day for uninterrupted business productivity.
So, call us toll free +1-888-396-0208 and we’ll help resolve all your QuickBooks related issues in the minimum wait time possible.